|Competition BBQ Secrets
Professional Barbecue Recipes! Competition style ribs, butts, chicken, and beef brisket...
Have you ever been to a restaurant and ordered a plate full of succulent, mouth watering, fall off the bone, ribs? Would you believe me if I told you that "competition BBQ" is better than any barbecue you can get in any restaurant? Now... you can learn the secret barbecue recipes of barbecue Pro’s. Soon you’ll be able to cook on a level that you never knew even existed. Read on...
From: Bill Anderson
Chatham Artillery BBQ Team
I remember when I first sunk my teeth into a "competition quality", slow smoked rib... I could not believe what I was tasting! Tender, juicy, rib meat that just melted in my mouth and exploded with flavor.
I immediately wanted to find the nearest barbecue restaurant owner and kick him in the butt for feeding me tough, dry ribs all these years. Heck... I actually thought those restaurant ribs were pretty good until I tasted a competition rib. It's a whole different ball game. These barbecue recipes and these BBQ competitors are professional and they work hard and take pride in their "art". I'm sure you have seen those BBQ competitions on the Food Channel or Discovery Channel so you know what I'm talking about.
In 2009 and 2010 we won 8 Grand Championships. Now that may not sound like much at first, but we are not one of those teams that competes every weekend.
As a matter of fact, we could seriously claim to be one of the winningest teams in BBQ history (if it was a quality contest instead of a quantity contest). You see... those 8 Grands came in about 16 KCBS sanctioned contests. Actually it was 7 KCBS Grands and one FBA Grand. Anyway... that's a 43% KCBS win rate. Nobody else even comes close to that win rate! The top three KCBS Team of the Year teams in 2010 had win rates of 27%, 19%, and 32% respectively. If you go by win rate, Chatham Artillery BBQ blows everybody out of the water! But unfortunately, TOY results are calculated based on how well you do in your top 10 contests, so you can see why a team that only competes in 8 has no chance at all.
(To order now, click HERE).
We are Grand Champions of...
- Hasan Shrine Spring Festival 2009 - Albany, GA (FBA) Some of the best teams in the Nation were there and we took 2nd in chicken, 2nd in brisket, and 1st in pork.
- Blue Ridge BBQ & Music Festival 2009 - Tryon, NC (KCBS) There were 78 teams present at this KCBS event. We placed 1st in ribs.
- (back to back win!) Blue Ridge BBQ & Music Festival 2010 - Tryon, NC (KCBS), Back to Back wins! There were 87 teams this year. We took 2nd in chicken, 4th in ribs, 13th in pork, and 4th in brisket.
- Festival of Discovery 2009 - Greenwood, SC (KCBS) There were 58 teams present at this BBQ contest and we placed 2nd in brisket.
- Pigs & Peaches Festival 2009 - Kennesaw, GA (KCBS). There were 43 teams present and we placed 1st in ribs, 2nd in chicken, 4th in pork, and 3rd in brisket.
- Florida State BBQ Championship (KCBS) at Daytona International Speedway on July 4th weekend 2010. Some of the best teams in the Country were at this action packed event on July 4th weekend.
- 2010 Dillard, GA Bluegrass & Barbecue Festival with a surprise 1st place brisket and a good 6th place chicken. A good showing with 15th in ribs and 14th in pork rounded out the grand.
- 2010 "The Real Squeal" Lyons BBQ & Bluegrass Festival in Lyons, GA. We were 4th in chicken, 3rd in ribs, 3rd in pork, and 2nd in brisket.
- 2013 Sam's Club Tour Finals in Bentonville, AR. 1st place brisket! We can legitimately claim to be the best brisket cooks in the Country after winning brisket in this playoff style series and also 3 other 1st places and a 2nd in brisket this year.
The problem we had when we first started out was the lack of quality information and detailed barbecue recipes on how to slow smoke really great, competition quality meats. Sure... anybody can slap a rack of ribs on a grill and cook some "average" ribs, but trust me, that will get you a last place "booby prize" in every BBQ competition you enter. We are going to show you how to cook championship ribs in your own back yard or while tailgating at the stadium. We are going to give you...
All the juicy details!
In your new book, "Competition BBQ Secrets", you'll get the "impossible to find" important information like exact times and temperatures needed to barbecue like the pro's. When we first decided to compete on the BBQ circuit in a few competitions, we started to look around for information and barbecue recipes on how to do it right because we knew we were not going to win any competitions with the trash we were cooking. Our first ribs were tough, our chicken was rubbery and tasted like a used tire, our butts were dry, and our brisket was not even edible. To be honest with you...
We needed some serious help!
So... we bought a BBQ book or two, looked on the internet for some barbecue recipes, went to the Big Pig Jig as spectators, and we even bought a DVD made by a "professional" cooking team. I can't even explain to you how disappointed we were in these barbecue products! The books were 50% to 75% stuffed with useless recipes and they did not even tell you the important "secrets" of time and temperature. The DVD was a joke. It showed a guy preparing for a contest and showed him and another guy working a smoker, but they never gave any of the all important details on how to actually do it. We were disappointed going to the Big Pig Jig too. We had fun and it was a great event, but we found out that you can't even taste the competitor's BBQ. So, we decided to...
Go to the school of hard knocks!
That's right... we learned the hard, expensive, and long way. We dove right in and started testing different barbecue recipes every weekend. Testing different times, temperatures, rubs, sauces, glazes, marinades, brines, injections, woods, charcoals, fire techniques, water pans, and many other techniques to produce better slow smoked barbecue. We entered our first "backyard" barbecue competition and while we were there we gathered some tips from some very friendly, more experienced competitors. We spent hours and hours on the internet and BBQ forums searching for a tip here and a good barbecue recipe there. I'm telling you... we screwed up a lot of ribs and butts in the process. And slow smoking chicken and brisket right is even harder! The bottom line is...
We did all the hard work for you!
You don't have to go through all that... you can simply buy "Competition BBQ Secrets" and learn in an hour or two how to slow smoke meats like the pro's. Your new book will save you about $1000 and a ton of time in (not) making "mistakes". Our book does not contain a lot of useless barbecue recipes. It is more of an instruction manual than anything else. The best barbecue sauce recipe in the world will not help you if you don't know how to slow smoke the underlying meat correctly. Learning from the pro's at a competition is not easy... sure - they are friendly enough in a competitive way. They will even give you a tip or two if you ask nicely. But how can you expect to learn everything they know in a 15 minute conversation? It's not possible for them to teach you everything that took them years and years of trial and error to learn themselves! Some of them charge hundreds or even thousands of dollars to go to their cooking school! There's no need to go through all that... just spend $29.95 on "Competition BBQ Secrets". I guarantee you'll save hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars just by not cooking meats that are so bad that you have to throw it out or feed it to your dog!
(To order now, click HERE)
Don't take our word for it, read what these people had to say...
I have been doing competitive BBQ cookoffs for 5 years around
Austin. I have a shelf full of cookbooks and your e-book is by
far the best I own. I use the rib recipe to the letter and have
had great success with it. Last week I tied for 1st in ribs at
the Hays County Fair in Texas. That qualifies me for the
national BBQ cook-off in Meridian, Texas next week.
I have also won in 2 other major contests following
your recipe in the past year.
As an aside - I have been cooking the super-trimmed
briskets lately. They are not less tender, juicy, etc than
cooking a whole brisket. A lot less cooking space too!
Since we only turn in 7-9 slices, sort of makes sense.
PS - I always had trouble with ribs until I read your e-book.
Well I’ll be! After three years of cook-offs, one trophy here, one trophy
there. I bought your book, I read the dang thing at least five times. This
past week-end, the Family Tradition cookers took reserve grand champs
for the first time. IBCA cook in Willis Texas, 2nd chicken, 3rd ribs (highest ever),
9th in brisket. I look forward to your next email and any new books and recipes.
Thanks a bunch.
Just wanted to let you know what I bought your book a couple of weeks ago
and we did a competition on November 9/10. We placed 4th in Wings, 2nd in
shoulder/bb, and 3rd in From the Water Category. We used your book to the
letter. Word for word, step by step... I understand and thanks for the reply email
too… I forgot to mentioned the most important award too… After it was all said and
done, and the judges tallied up everyone’s score, I walked away with GRAND CHAMPION.
I hope to have them uploaded to my site this evening. Not to mention the fact that I walked
away with a 1200.00 Bubba Grill as the reward. Sorry for not mentioning that."
My brisket turned out great I have been trying to smoke one for over ten years every time it would come out dry like boot leather. I learned so much from your book I'm going bear hunting in Colorado in September can't wait to try it again for all my hunting bodys I hope you make the finals would love to try a pros BQ in AR keep me updated you have made my wife and daughter so happy that I can finaly smoke a brisket!!!
Wanted to let you know that your book is wonderfull , so much
info. We used some of your suggestions along with our ideas and
were grand champions at our 1st BBQ cookoff. Everyone should
get your book--packed full of info.
Tom Mashos Fossil, Oregon-- Smok'n Hot BBQ Team
Many more testimonials... Just click HERE!
(To order now, click HERE)
We give you all the details like...
- Very detailed and exact barbecue recipes to cook championship ribs, butts, chicken and brisket. Each one is cooked differently and is explained in it's own chapter.
- Cookers - the different types and how you can slow smoke on anything from a professional offset smoker to your old trusty Weber kettle grill and everything in between.
- How to smoke a turkey.
- How your wood choice will impart that sought after smoke flavor and smoke ring.
- How marinades, brines, and injections will improve the quality barbecue recipes.
- You have to use rubs... your meats will be bland without them. We tell you all about them.
- Your new book will also tell you how to properly use finishing sauces and glazes on your barbecue recipes - our raspberry vinagrette based "secret" recipe for chicken is worth the price of the book by itself. It's by far the best chicken I have ever tasted and took 9th place out of 50+ of the best teams in the Country - not too shabby! This was at the Lakeland Pig Festival in Florida which is the Florida State Barbecue Championship. In another smaller contest (about 30 teams at Boone Hall in Charleston, SC), this recipe took 4th place. And more recently, this barbecue recipe took 1st place in Barnsville, GA. We also placed 2nd in ribs and 2nd in pork in this event.
- We also give you some great information on competitions, how to prepare for competitions, and even a checklist of what to bring to a competition.
- A complete list of all the BBQ Associations known to exist with the web address for each. Each BBQ Association has it's own contests and you can find their schedules easily with the information in your new book. We'll also show you where you can get a list of all contests in one place.
- How to trim spareribs St Louis Style and how to trim a brisket.
- A whole chapter on barbecue science - smoke rings and maillard reactions.
- A complete list of resources for smokers, rubs, sauces, forums, and much, much more!
What we don't give you is a bunch of useless barbecue sauce and rub recipes that are in other books just to make the book "look" bigger. Don't get me wrong... we do give you exact details on the barbecue recipes we use for chicken, ribs, pork, and brisket. These are the exact barbecue recipes we use in the contests. Why would we give you 73 pages of untested sauce, rub, and marinade recipes and let you pick which "loser" to use in a contest? Our barbecue recipes are "tried and true". One book we bought wasted the whole first chapter on the definition of "barbecue" and where the word barbecue originated from. If you want a history lesson, do not buy our book! Your time is valuable and we're not going to waste it with a whole lot of useless "filler" to create a book with a lot of useless pages. This is done by others to make it "seem" like your are getting your money's worth. We provide all you need to know in a short but sweet 62 pages. So... if you want to save a lot of time and money and be the "hero" at your next cookout, click the link below and download your eBook instantly right after payment.
Benefits of an eBook....
eBooks are in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format and you will be directed to the download page immediately after payment. Here are the benefits of the eBook...
- Speed - you will receive it immediately and shipping is FREE.
- Live links - throughout the book, there are many, many references to external web pages that contain a wealth of information that you need to read. With the eBook, just click on the blue "hyperlink" and you will instantly go to that web page.
- Bookmarks - The entire table of contents is "bookmarked" for your convenience. Just click on a chapter title and you immediately jump to that chapter. At the end of the chapter, you can jump back to the table of contents.
- Color Pictures - There are many pictures in the eBook that are color.
- Printable - The book is only 73 pages, so it's easily printable after downloading.
- You can also buy the paper version if you want.
This book is not just for BBQ competitors... it was written with the backyard and tailgating enthusiast in mind. Anyone can use the barbecue recipes in this book right in their very own backyard, while tailgating at the stadium, in a local cookoff, or in a serious competition like the Big Pig Jig or Memphis in May. We've even done a few big catering events for 300+ people. Every one of these 300+ people said our barbecue ribs were the best they have ever eaten. My older sister says "... I'll never eat another rib in a restaurant again. When are you going to cook some more? - I need another fix!".
Full 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your barbecue recipes, just send the processor (Clickbank) an email and they will immediately refund your money. There is a link to do this at the bottom of your email receipt. It's simple, easy, and fast.
Get your "fix" Today! Two versions available
(be sure to click on the correct button for paper or eBook format)...
eBook - For those of you who want instant access to the eBook in PDF format which can be downloaded right after payment, just click on the button below...
Paper Book - For those of you who are "old fashioned" and prefer the paper book, click the link below...
Other products available in our BBQ Store like...
The rub that won us 8 Grand Championships
Dual Probe BBQ Thermometers
Simple, cheap single probe BBQ Thermometers
Foods of the Southland cookbook
Confessions of a Butcher eBook
An assortment of useful BBQ books
& Oak Wine Barrel Wood
Just click HERE
Don't forget to subscribe to our FREE Newsletter...
Once a month, we'll send you a great newsletter with valuable barbecue recipes, tips, tricks, and tools to help you cook the perfect BBQ!
Just click here - it's FREE!